Y'all, this is the PERFECT addition to a very pretty dish. The roasting brings out the sweetness in the squash, sweet potato, and brussels sprouts (which aren't even known for being sweet!). You get a slight charred taste from some of the leaves on the brussels sprouts which we love. There's a slight overtone of orange, but nothing that overpowers the rest of the veggies. After all, we want the veggies to shine! It's beyond easy to prepare (less than 10 minutes prep time!) which makes it a great last-minute addition to any autumn meal.
3 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
24 oz brussels sprouts, halved
1/2 c pecan halves
4 T orange juice
3 T orange zest
4 T apple cider vinegar
2 T honey
4 T butter, melted
salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 400*.
- Line a 9 x 13 inch pan with tin foil.
- Put the butternut squash, sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, and pecans in the pan and toss to mix them.
- Place into the oven for 15 minutes.
- Combine the glaze ingredients in a small bowl and pour over the veggies.
- Toss the veggies to evenly coat all of them.
- Put it back in the oven for another 20 minutes, until butternut squash and sweet potatoes are fork-tender and brussels sprouts are browned.